7 1/2 Tax-Smart Giving Strategies You Need to Know in 2020 (and 2021)
The CARES Act, passed by Congress in 2020 introduced some charitable giving provisions that change the game for generous families. In all likelihood, these strategies will not be available after 2021. In this episode, Bob and Bryan discuss 7 1/2 charitable giving strategies made possible by the new law…
- Giving publicly traded stocks gets even better this year
- There are more opportunities for giving retirement assets
- Giving employment stock compensation can be highly tax-advantaged
- Strategies for encumbered or polluted real estate
- Strategies for giving art, inventory, and intellectual property
- Strategies for selling your losers
- Strategies for private company sales
…And a bonus half strategy: How to gift your short-term capital gains in 2020 and 2021.
UPDATE: The content of this video also applies to 2021 with the continuation of the charitable provisions of the CARES Act.